Bootstrap showed itself from its best side and raised the bar for other frameworks. But even the best things need to get upgraded, that’s why we are expecting Bootstrap 3.0 to get its stable release.
The frameworks github already dazzles with notes about the 3rd version. Check out Bootstrap’s wiki page to see all alterations.
Most Important Changes
Bootstrap 3 will be rather narrow in focus comparing to the previous update. Its makers are going to drop legacy code, improve responsive CSS, and centralize community efforts. B3 will address the following:
- Migrate twitter/bootstrap, twitter/bootstrap-server, and mdo/bootstrap-blog (currently a private repo) to the twbs organization;
- Change site URLs to http://getbootstrap.com;
- Compile all Less code, including responsive styles, into a single CSS file;
- Drop IE7/FF3x support ENTIRELY;
- Switch to the MIT license instead of Apache;
- Drop the *-wip branch style of development;
- Use tags for all versioned downloads, use smaller feature branches for development work, and merge right into master (after 3.0 launches);
- No more fluid grids! Fluid grid system, fluid container, and fluid layout are removed. From now on Bootstrap will use percentage widths, padding, and box-sizing;
- Responsive CSS is no longer separate – responsive features are now compiled into the core bootstrap.css file;
- Font icons are now converted to Glyphicons v1.7 @font-face, no more old PNGs;
- …and much more…
What You Need to Know About Bootstrap…or Have
In this blog post you will find most vital information about Bootstrap.
The blog post contains: 11 tutorials, 4 tools and 8 video tuts.
Want to try Bootstrap? Here is a detailed tutorial on how to get started + 10 tools and 10-episode video course on how to cope with this framework.
Brand new product Cherry WordPress Theme enhanced with Bootstrap + Free Cherry theme to test this cool invention.
Want to have a Bootstrap-based website? Here you go! Free Bootstrap Theme for Photography Website. With this theme you get Bootstrap functionality and unique TemplateMonster add-ons under one package.
You’ve definitely had some experience with Bootstrap, how about to use comments section and describe it:) We are always glad to hear from you.