18 Steps to Falling in Love [St. Valentine's Photoshop Tutorial]
Drawing in Photoshop is a favorite topic for many of people, as it can reveal all bright individuality of the “knight of the brush”.
If you do not own classic techniques of drawing with paint, coal, watercolor, oil or whatever people draw with – Photoshop can really help you. In this cool interface, with your own hands, you’ll be able to draw such a masterpiece that even Leonardo da Vinci will envy you. All you need is a good Photoshop tutorial.
Today we’ve prepared one for you, if you are just starting with Photoshop, it will definitely help you get acquainted with a basic set of tools. We are going to add extra elements to TemplateMonster logo, making it more lovable since St. Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. In 1997 Savage Garden wrote the song “I’ll be your dream, I’ll be your wish I’ll be your fantasy“…today, Photoshop can make it all come true-to-life, unfortunately only in digital space.
Level – starter
Soon we’ll release another tutorial, a bit more complex, for you to develop good Photoshop skills.
Here is an image of TemplateMonster’s logo. Today we’re going to make some slight customization of the mascot timed to St. Valentine’s Day. Click your Photoshop icon to start (to create this customization you can use any version of Photoshop).
1. The first step we are going to do is to wipe the pupils from the eyes of the Monster using the Eraser tool (E).
2. Time to download some hearts. Use google to find a volumetric heart, like the one you see below.
3. Create new layer (Ctrl+Shift+N) and paste the heart into. Use free transform tool (Ctrl+T) to resize it and place right where the eye’s pupil is supposed to be.
4. Duplicate previous layer with the heart and make it a bit smaller or larger or the same size, use free transform tool (Ctrl+T) and move tool (V).
5. Now let’s look for a rose. Or you can simply save the one you see below.
6. Create new layer (Ctrl+Shift+N) and paste in the rose. Use free transform tool (Ctrl+T) to resize it and turn 50 degrees counterclockwise.
7. Use the eraser tool (E) to get rid of the rose stalk.
8. Or you can use the pen tool (P) to select the lower part of the stalk and drag it to left side of Monster’s mouth.
9. Now let’s look for a vector image of a cylinder.
10. Press B to use brush tool and select any color you find appropriate, we’ve used #eaa814. Use the magnetic lasso tool (L) to select the white area and fill it with the color mentioned previously using the brush (B).
11. Now apply Color Burn Effect, you can find it on top of your Layers panel (Press F7 to open layers).
12. Next step, put the hat on Monster’s head, use free transform tool (Ctrl+T) to adjust its pitch.
13. Add some shadow under the hat, you can simply use the brush to draw small black line, just don’t mix up layers, the “Hat” Layer should be on top the “Head” Layer.
14. Now we are going to use the heart again, you can simply duplicate one of previous layers with hearts (right click the layer on the Layers tab and then press Duplicate Layer). Put in on the place of the letter “O”.
15. Use the (M) rectangular marquee tool to move the letters “nster” a bit to the right, for the heart to fit in. Fill in the space with the gradient from somewhere near using the Stamp tool (S). Hold down the Alt key — the cursor will change to a target. Click the area you wish to use as a sampling point. This will be used as the reference point for cloning.
16. Now let’s look for an arrow.
17. We are going to use to pierce the heart through. First of all you need to resize the arrow, to fit the heart size use the free transform tool.
18. The last step: you need to erase part of the arrow’s body to recreate the look of a pierced heart, use eraser tool (E).
That’s it! Thanks for watching us. Here you can download the original PSD file. All the best.
Don’t forget to share the results of your work in the comments section.
Thumbs up if you’re watching this video