Co-Citation Revolution in Link Building or Just a New SEO Method?
Google intends to change link-building radically and leave behind the-so-much-used anchors. The reason for these actions are manipulations with the anchor text. For example, in the top resources one can find a number of not updated (at all) resources. The main reason for their staying on top is the link weight what provided a solid position.
Recently there appeared a new term in link-building called co-citation, but some people still don’t understand what it is. Actually co-citation emerged more than a year ago, still not many developers paid attention to this technique.
To start, we need to figure out what co-citation is. It occurs when two Internet resources relate to each other and do not directly refer to one another.
There is an article at TemplateMonster blog dedicated to co-citing, follow this URL to find more about this SEO technique: http://blog.templatemonster.com/2013/09/25/co-citation-revolution-in-link-building-new-seo-method/
This is an example of a non-clickable and no-anchor link to a specific resource surrounded with content that calls on following it. But how to get co-citations?
- Be aware of all trending news in your niche that concern your visitors.
- With a variety of ways create original and useful content that will be gladly shared by your visitors.
- Apply infographics and other viral technologies for content creation.
It turns out that we are returning to content marketing, which increasingly becomes the basis for promoting in Google. As for directions of Google you can find a lengthy article of a leading SEO analytics Rand Fishkin at SeoMoz blog.
Let’s see what Rand Fishkin thinks about co-citation and disappearance of anchors.
Even though the new requirements for the site content were enabled a year ago, it took awhile for serious experts to analyze and rethink this approach. Probably those changes in link-building are here to stay for quite a long time.
What Conclusions Can We Make?
- We need to make use of Google+, Facebook or Twitter because only there we can fully unleash the potential of co-citation.
- We must look for other offline methods to co-citation. I mean, first of all, the regional media and magazines (weird, but it actually works).
- Talk, talk and talk to bloggers in your niche.
- Save money to buy ads in Google, you’ve gonna need a lot of money for that…
* * *
These days SEO is more than just link building, it’s about citations.
* * *
Josh Bachynski’s SEO help video. WordPress SEO, Panda!, Link Rot, Co-Citation and other SEO Hack useful for your website.
* * *
Matt and Dan look at the emergence of co-citation in search engine optimization and discuss the fall of typical practices like utilizing anchor tags and alt tagging.
* * *
The guys at Inbound try their hand at predicting search trends for Google+, Schema and Co-citation in 2013.
* * *
SPEAK UP! Not sure if other search engines will come to the same conclusions as Google, but life teaches us that we can’t be isolated from the world tendencies. But how do you feel about the co-citation and the new link building system from Google?
Tags: Life Hacks