Join Our Blog Team
Design Blog Authors Wanted!
TemplateMonster is interested in talented guest authors who have original ideas and a good writing style. So if you are a proactive author and want to work with us, please read the following web development guest posts guidelines carefully. We made them to streamline guest posting process. If your guest post does not meet these guidelines, it is not likely to be accepted.
Guest posts guidelines:
- the post must be well-written in English;
- high-quality, original, controversial content, not boring and not previously published elsewhere on the web;
- once the content is published on TemplateMonster’s blog, you must not republish it elsewhere online.
- the writing should be succinct and to the point, with adjectives and adverbs being used sparingly;
- the post needs to explain why readers should care, tell how to use the information to get more experienced.
- length isn’t the main factor, but quality content is; your post should be as long as it needs to be to convey the message, but no longer;
- roughly 500-600 words in length minimum.
- create exciting headline;
- write an excerpt – a quick, attractive summary of your content (usually 2 sentences);
- wrap the subheadings in your post in < h3 > tags;
- break up the paragraphs into easy-to-digest chunks;
- use bulleted lists with a brief description and with links if necessary;
- use bold and italics for emphasis, not underlining.
- please attach 620px wide images or screenshots for your post and include image credits when necessary;
- make sure you note where the image is to be inserted in the post text;
- if it is impossible to find images for your topic, ignore this condition;
- make sure you own the copyright to any images you submit with your posts;
- we do not require an intro image with the post, still it would be preferable if you attached the head shot in the email with your guest post.
- make sure any links in your post are relevant and valid;
- cite your sources and back everything up; provide the links to a study or an article, to any resources, tools, to support your claims;
- mark up a link and link text using HTML or include the URL in brackets, immediately after the text you would like to use as the link text;
- please do not include affiliate links or self-promotion links to your own websites within the body content of your post.
- reply to the comments on your post after it is live on TemplateMonster’s blog;
- be ready to take some flak; you need to argue well and explain your position properly sharing your viewpoint.
- please include an author bio that is 2-3 sentences long explaining who you are and what you do;
- provide an email address linked to your Gravatar image and a link to your Google+ profile in the format of < a href= "https://plus.google.com/(number)?rel=”author">Google+< /a >;
- you can put maximum 2 (dofollow) reference website links in the author bio section.
- please note that we reserve the right to edit the post for grammatical errors, facts and easier legibility; if we do, we will send the complete text of the post for your final review;
- we can send a post back to you with changes or suggested additions to further enhance the post in ways that go beyond basic editing;
- anything that requires more than basic editing on our part will be sent back for you to edit or not accepted.
- If you have any questions or an idea about your guest post, please contact us: jamal (at) templatemonster (dot) com;
- if your guest post is accepted, it usually takes between two to four days for your guest post to be published;
- we will do our best to notify you the day your post goes live.
Topics for Web Design Guest Posts
- Web Design
- Web Development
- Industry news and analytics
- Adobe Flash
- Web Video
- Web Hosting
- CMS and Blogging
Graphic design, Photoshop, web design trends etc.
All about eCommerce platforms and aspects of having an eCommerce business – including online payments, shipping etc.
In case there’s something new in the web design industry and you know of any significant impact it will have on us all, that’s exactly the kind of content we’re interested under this topic
Anything related to Flash technology – including Flash in web design, Flash player, Flash development, Flash apps and even Flash games.
Ways of viewing video content online and all aspects of it – players, trends and technologies.
Some unique content related to web hosting – especially the technical side of it. Useful tips for website owners, tutorials and roundups are very welcome here.
Everything related to the new version of HTML markup language. Website building aspect is of special interest here, although other interesting content on HTML5 topic will also be accepted.
Got anything interesting to say about Joomla or WordPress? Any kind of topic related to CMS and blogging solutions is very welcome here.
- Text analytics
- Roundups (tips and tricks, lists)
- Image-based roundups
Once again, if you have any questions or an idea about your guest post, please contact us: jamal (at) templatemonster (dot) com, we will be happy to answer all your questions.
NOTE: TemplateMonster blog editors reserve the right to reject any content suggested by authors without ever publishing it.